Jesus Christ Loves You!
Jesus Christ paid the penalty for your sins and desires to make us new creations.We invite you to learn more about The Lord Jesus. We welcome you to come and Worship Jesus with us on Sunday mornings and Thursday nights! Calvary Chapel Southside is a Non-denominational church.
By the grace of God:
Our Senior Pastor is Jim Lagnese. Jim served at Calvary Chapel of Joshua's Valley in Oakville Canada, which he planted for the Lord in 2003. He also taught at Calvary Chapel Toronto a Korean fellowship. Prior to that he served as an associate pastor at Calvary Chapel of the Fingerlakes southeast of Rochester N.Y. under Pastor Bil Gallatin and was overseeing a number of ministries.
Our Assistant Pastor is Warren Gumaer. Pastor Warren also served at Calvary Chapel of the Fingerlakes for 12 years, as an associate pastor. Warren has also overseen a number of ministries.
Both are married and have children and both grew-up in Upstate/Western N.Y. and both have taught in the Calvary Chapel Bible College/School of Ministry in Farmington, N.Y. and still do.
Calvary Chapel Southside has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, in and around the city of Rochester NY. Especially the southside. Our Supreme desire is to know Jesus and to be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. To love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength!
We're not a denominational church and we are not opposed to denominations either, only their overemphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the Body of Christ. At Calvary Chapel Southside we believe that the only true basis of Christian Fellowship is His Agape love, which is greater than any differences we possess, and without which, we have no right to claim ourselves Christians. We love children, teens, single moms, seniors, unwed-moms, physically challenged individuals, we wouldn't turn anyone away, neither would Jesus.
In our services, we focus on a "personal relationship with God through song, worship, prayer and the teaching of the Word of God. We teach both expository and topical studies. The Holy Spirit will never interrupt the worship of Jesus or the teaching of God's Word, so we don't permit the use of Spirit-given gifts to disrupt our services. We believe that the gifts of the Spirit are necessary for today's believer, but we believe that everything should be done decently and in order and on time.
- We believe that worship of God should be spiritual, so we remain flexible and yielded to the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit in our worship direction.
- We believe that worship of God should be inspirational, so we give great place to the music in our worship.
- We believe that worship of God should be intelligent, so our services are designed with great emphasis upon the teaching of the Word of God; that He might instruct us how He would be worshipped.
- We believe that worship of God is fruitful, so we look for His love in our lives as the greatest evidence that we are truly worshipping Him.
- We believe: Bible, bible, bible. It's God's Word, the holy Scriptures. It's the revelation of Jesus Christ! Its the answer for Western N.Y.
As the Spirit leads us, we participate and support evangelistic outreach ministries in local communities around Rochester and south of Rochester N.Y. as well as all over the world. Our main belief concerning evangelism is that "sheep beget sheep." We are convinced that as we continue to feed the flock of God by teaching them the Word of God, that they will naturally lead others to Jesus Christ. We can all be evangelists.